Beaches, Volcanoes, Indian Markets,
Rainforest, Islands, Colonial Cities
Managua International Airport Transfers
Managua Airport Greeter and Transfer to Hotel
When you exit through the glass doors of the customs area of the Managua International Airport, you will see our local airport greeter waiting for you with an Explore Nicaragua sign. Your airport greeter will provide you with a transfer to the first class Camino Real Hotel, located one half mile from the Managua airport.
What to expect at the Managua International Airport
- Immigration: First, you stop at the immigration counter, where your passport will be stamped and you will be charged a $10 entry fee (payable in cash with U.S. dollars only - an interesting eccentricity) to enter Nicaragua.
- Baggage Claims: After your stop at the immigration counter, you pick up your suitcase at the baggage claims carousel, which is located a few yards away from immigration.
- Customs: After you get your suitcase at baggage claims, you pass by the customs counter. There is a "stoplight" machine at the customs counter. If the light is green, you can walk by and exit the airport. Usually, the light is green. But if the light is red, you must stop and your suitcase may be inspected by the customs officer.
- Currency Exchange: Before you exit the Managua airport, you'll see a currency exchange office. As of March 15, 2013, the currency exchange rate is 25 Nicaragua cordobas to 1 U.S. Dollar.
- Airport Greeter: When you exit customs and walk through the glass doors, our airport greeter will meet you. Your airport greeter is on duty all day to meet all Explore Nicaragua Tours passengers arriving on the scheduled starting date of your tour. Your airport greeter will transfer you to your four star Camino Real Hotel, next to the Managua airport. If your flight is delayed, our airport greeter will wait all night long for you, until your flight arrives. (If you miss your flight, or are delayed for any reason, it is important that you please notify us by calling 1-800-800-1132, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our airport greeter will continue waiting for you, until you arrive at the Managua airport. We continually check our phone number and email on days that tours are starting, until all passengers have arrived on their flights.
Airport Transfer on last day of Nicaragua tour
On the last day of the tour, you will get a free airport transfer to the Managua International Airport from your hotel.
If you wish to add on an extra night in Managua at the end of your tour, you can stay at the four star Camino Real Hotel, next to the Managua airport. The Camino Real Managua airport hotel offers free tranfers to the airport, and it only takes five minutes to ride to the airport.
Managua International Airport
The Managua International Airport is a small airport with 7 boarding gates equipped with jetways. The airport building is two stories tall, and has several souvenir shops in the boarding gate area, a restaurant on the second floor near the boarding gates, and several car rental agencies on the ground floor. Managual International Airport was inaugurated in 1968, and was formerly named for Nicaragua's national hero, Augusto Caesar Sandino.
Are you arriving a day early?
If you arrive more than one day early, the Camino Real Hotel has an airport greeter who meets flights with passengers holding reservations at the Camino Real Hotel. If you wish to call the Camino Real Hotel directly, please slowly dial the international code of (011), then the country code of (505), then the local number (263-1410). The complete direct number is 011-505-263-1410. You may also make a reservation on the hotel website, www.caminoreal.com.ni
Explore Nicaragua does not have any special pre-tour rates at the Camino Real hotel.
Can you take a bus to Nicaragua?
Yes. Tica Bus (http://www.ticabus.com), King Quality Bus, and TransNica Bus offer international bus rides in an air conditioned bus from Liberia, Costa Rica (6 hour trip) or from San Jose, Costa Rica (10 hour trip) directly to Managua, Nicaragua for $29 to $50 each way. Tickets should be purchased in advance, and it is necessary to provide the passport numbers of each passenger when purchasing bus tickets. If you are arriving by bus, please notify us of your bus plans, and we will have a representative waiting for you at your bus terminal in Managua.
Please email us at email@example.com, or please call us at 1-800-800-1132 if you have any questions about Nicaragua travel, or to reserve your space with Explore Nicaragua Tours.
*Per person, double occupancy
|ALL TOUR DEPARTURES ARE GUARANTEED.|
Reserve Your Tour
Call 1-800-800-1132. You can reserve your space on tour for free, with no obligation, for up to 2 days, then $298 deposit is due. Balance of payment is due 60 days before start of tour.
Roundtrip Airport Transfers are included. Our airport greeter will meet you at the airport and transfer you roundtrip between your airport and hotel.
Airfare is not included. Airlines that fly to Nicaragua include American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Copa Airlines, Delta Airlines, Lacsa Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Taca Airlines, and United Airlines.
Pay by credit card or check
All photos are by Intur, staff of ExploreNicaraguaTours, Inc., Walter Burville, Stephen D. Stewart, and David Graetz.